Welcome to Sneak Peek, a blog post series that periodically highlights new (and updating) running shoes available at Big Peach Running Co. For Sneak Peek – March, we’ll take a look at models from Brooks, Mizuno, New Balance, and ON.
Brooks Glycerin 17 ($150)
“When you run more miles in a week than most people drive, you need a shoe that can keep up. That’s why I train in the Glycerin. It’s comfortable but not too soft. Cushioned, but not overweight,” says Des Linden, the 2018 Boston Marathon overall female winner.
According to Brooks, the Glycerin 17 is similar to its predecessor:
- A midfoot overlay for 16; 17 has a printed design
- A revised upper mesh pattern; the same feel
- An OrthoLite sockliner for extra comfort
- A full-length DNA Loft midsole and grippy outsole
Mizuno Wave Horizon 3 ($160)
At $160, the structured Wave Horizon 3 is pricey, though there are plenty of other running shoes that sell near or at this figure. Let’s have a look at the specs.
- The Horizon 3 upper utilizes AeroHug (also available in the Wave Sky 2) to secure the midfoot.
- An unchanged midsole, comprised of 2 EVA foams: U4ic (responsiveness) and U4icX (softness). Mizuno’s namesake Wave plate separates the foams for a stable, comfy ride.
- X10 carbon rubber slows down wear and tear to the outsole as the miles accumulate.
New Balance 880v9 ($125)
A fan favorite for almost ten years now, the 880 isn’t slowing down. The differences between v8 and v9 are small, but have a look nonetheless.
- A more open, engineered mesh upper enhances breathability
- A sleek design with fresh color patterns
- Unchanged midsole and outsole
ON Cloudswift ($150)
A new model by Swiss-based ON, the Cloudswift is a fresh addition to the Big Peach Running Co. footwear collection. Check out the major specs:
- Helion superfoam (lightweight, soft, and durable)
- Engineered mesh upper
- Awesome colors (like Rust & Rock or Denim & Midnight)
There you have it! Sneak Peek – March is a wrap, but stay tuned for future posts, because as runners know, there are many more updates (and brand new models) in the coming months of 2019. Until then, as we like to say, “May your best miles be those covered on foot!”
Austin Bonds is a writer and Guest Advocate for the Suwanee store.