For Sneak Peek – April 2019, we’re delving into the New Balance Fresh Foam More, a daily road trainer, and the Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 5, a trail shoe ready to pounce on those switchbacks.
New Balance Fresh Foam More ($160)
The name says it all—more Fresh Foam for those long runs of more miles! At 9.9 ounces in a men’s nine, the Fresh Foam More stuffs a lot of cushioning into a lightweight package.
The outcome, you ask? A pillow soft ride for the roads ahead. If you love lightweight shoes but want more protection without substantial weight gain, the FF More is worthy. Peruse these factoids too:
- The thickest Fresh Foam midsole in the Fresh Foam family
- A robust stack height (34 mm in the heel and 30 mm in the forefoot)
- An engineered mesh upper with no-sew overlays
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 5 ($130)
Nike trail shoes are underrated, which is why the Air Zoom Terra Kiger 5 is worth a closer look. Along with one colorway that hearkens back to the 90s (I’m thinking Saved by the Bell styles), the Terra Kiger 5 sports a few other nifty features, including:
- A rubber pod at the midfoot for wet terrain
- React foam for a responsive, soft ride
- A rock plate to protect the feet from stone bruising
- Mesh upper for better breathability and faster drainage
Sneak Peek – April 2019 is brief, but rest assured, friends, there are many running shoe updates on the horizon. The Saucony Ride ISO 2, Nike Pegasus 36, and ASICS Cumulus 21 are three of note coming soon. See you for Sneak Peek- May (or June). As we like to say around here, “May your best miles be those covered on foot!”
Austin Bonds is a writer and Guest Advocate for the Suwanee store.