We have a new Altra shoe on our Shoe Wall this summer: The Altra Rivera! The Rivera is made with a well-fitting tailored hold. The shoe stays true to the Altra brand with its supreme level of comfort and zero drop. The Rivera is designed with the Altra EGO™ midsole foam giving runners and walkers a responsive feel along with an overall soft ride. Your feet will say Thank You after runs in the Rivera!
by Megan Gorgone
Meet the Guest Advocates testing out the Altra Rivera
Our Guest Advocates were excited over the landing of this new model and were anxious to try it out. They put the shoe to the test and shared their experiences on the shoe’s fit, feel, and ride.
- Genny ran over 20 miles in the Rivera giving the shoe thorough testing. She summed up the experience as calling the Rivera a terrific go-to shoe for training miles.
- Edward is a current Altra runner running in the Torin Plush. His positive experience with Altra had him excited to test out the Rivera! He was happy to report about his great experience in his Rivera trial. In summary, he states, “Rivera is a great lightweight trainer. Perfect for Big Peach Guests looking for a moderate cushion, responsive ride, and a more grounded feel”.
- Dea put in the miles on this shoe! She came into the experience hesitant having always run in higher drop, stability shoes, and she has some Achilles sensitivity. All that taken into consideration, she loved the shoe for her shorter distance runs.
- Renae has been a regular in the Altra brand for a few years. She runs in the Torin for road miles and for the trail she grabs either the Timp or Olympus. With that background, she came into the trial here with high expectations but a feel for detail seeing how the Rivera measures up. At the end of her testing miles, she concludes that the Rivera is a perfect fit between the road shoes Escalante and Torin.
- Kirk has tried both the Torin and Rivera. The Rivera is his preferred due to the snugger fit of the toe box. He finds the shoe built true to size. In other brands, he wears an 11 and this continues with the Rivera.
- Austin welcomed the opportunity to try out the Rivera, He shares, “I haven’t run in Altra road models much in the past few years, but the Rivera is a nice surprise”.
Genny summed up the Rivera’s feel as having the familiar feel Altra runners/walkers expect and will easily entice those new to the brand. Our Guest Advocates unanimously agree that the new EGO™ midsole foam is lightweight and provides plenty of cushion for mid-long distance training. Edward furthers the point by remarking about its good responsiveness and energy return.
This shoe is very versatile. Renae notes she uses it as a daily trainer and a great go-to shoe for other workout types. Bring it for a strength or boot camp workout or either long or short distance runs. Austin echoes that thought, “Whether you’re using it for speed work, easy runs, or a lengthy long run, the Rivera can handle the workload with ease”.
Kirk notices the zero drop difference immediately. He shares, “As one would expect with a zero drop shoe, I definitely feel the difference in the ride vs. my normal trainer that has an 8mm drop. While I don’t plan on changing to Altra for my daily trainer, I do feel the ride is smooth and comfortable. I think the ride and overall comfort of the shoe should make it a shoe worth keeping in the lineup”.