What is a PAL?
Americans everywhere, and Atlantans especially, are fully aware of the benefits of regular exercise. Even with the findings associated with a growing population that is statistically considered obese or overweight (including our mascot, "Peachy"), a record number of people are taking the necessary "steps" to get and stay fit. For a large majority of us, the simplest, most available option to do so lies in what we've been doing for years...repeatedly putting one foot in front of the other! This is the very essence of a Pedestrian-Active Lifestyle ("P.A.L.").
- If you are regularly engaging in an activity that is pedestrian (no, not as in "dull"...) in nature, you are already living a P.A.L.! Need examples?
- If you're running 4 miles four times a week, you're living a P.A.L.
- If you're walking your dog around the block everyday, you're living a P.A.L.
- If you're spending Saturday mornings hiking or running the trails located within the Chattahoochee NRA, you're living a P.A.L.
- If you're training for your first or twenty-first marathon, you're living a P.A.L.
The examples are almost as numerous as the participants! And if you aren't living a P.A.L., but you're visiting this website, then you already know you should be part of what we're describing.
Welcome! You've found the perfect place to get started! BPRC is the home of your best P.A.L.